Greets and seats customers in a fashion that contributes to the smooth, efficient operation of the restaurant and keeps the area around the front entrance and hostess station as clean and orderly as possible by performing the following duties.
- Prepares and maintains a seating chart for each shift and is familiar with the rotation order.
- Distributes the daily specials to the various stations and changes the blackboard to reflect the specials of the day.
- Greets and seats customers in a courteous and timely manner as they enter the restaurant and/or communicates delays in seating and starts a waiting list.
- Checks books for any reservations.
- Accommodates special needs of customers and communicates any needs to appropriate staff.
- Assists dining room staff during rush periods by cleaning tables whenever possible.
- Answers telephone in a professional manner, takes reservations, takes to-go-orders and answers customer inquiries.
- Writes messages down for employees and delivers those messages when the opportunity presents itself.
- Communicates customer and/or employee difficulties to management.
- Applies knowledge of full menu and other restaurant information such as restaurant hours and types of payment.
- Enters to-go-orders into computer and prints receipt as well as prepares to-go items necessary to fill order along with condiments, other food items and utensils.
- Completes guest check transactions on cash register and tenders proper change to customers.
- Completes opening and closing duties in accordance with approved procedures.
- Communicates any health and/or safety concerns/violations immediately to management.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Employer sponsored health and life insurance benefits
- 401k plan
- Generous personal time off policy
- Participation in our incentive plan which provides employees part ownership of the company
- Discounts on food and beverage at our restaurants
- Substantial opportunities for advancement
- A supporting team-work centered environment
The ARRIVE Service Model
The expectation of all staff and leadership at AHR is: “There is no job that is not my responsibility.” The AHR vision is to have the team assist our guests in any possible way, from checking in to delivering a late-night room service order and everything in between. AHR staff and leadership should champion this culture in every touch point of our business from our associates, guests, owners and communities.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Post ID: 154693432 palmsprings