Desert Regional Medical Center is seeking a Board Certified Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation specialist for a full time practice opportunity which includes a Medical Directorship of a 12 bed Adult Acute Rehabilitation Unit, the most established service of its kind available in the Coachella Valley. As the Director of the Unit, the new physician will be responsible for providing inpatient care as well as administrative services:
· 20 hours per week of Medical Directorship activities - Dedicated to spending time on the Acute Rehab unit.
· Assist with screening new referrals to the Acute rehab- Review and approve pre-admit screens
· Act as attending Physician for acute rehab patients. Average daily census of 8-10 patients. Availability for after-hours calls as needed.
· Increase Hospital’s outpatient therapy program footprint, be available for inpatient consultations
· Develop educational programs for Hospital’s medical staff
· Directing family conferences, leadership meetings, and interdisciplinary team care conferences
· Reviewing, assessing, and making recommendations regarding policies and procedures, as well as reports of patient service to promote effective utilization management and quality of patient care.
· Opportunity to establish your own private practice with financial assistance from hospital, or to be employed with an affiliated Multi-Specialty Group that offers salary guarantee, productivity bonus and a comprehensive benefits plan.
BC PM&R preferred but will consider other BC specialists with Acute Rehab experience. Position offers a competitive compensation package including salary guarantee plus Director Stipend options.
Palm Springs is located in Southern California's Coachella Valley, with a year round population of approximately 500,000 people. Aside from being a popular retirement destination, young families continue to migrate into the Valley every year making this one of the fastest growing regions in California. The Coachella Valley boasts a variety of annual festivals and a host of highly-acclaimed events that bring culture, music, sports, entertainment, shopping and a variety of cuisine to thousands of locals and visitors each year. With its year round sunshine It is a playground for outdoor enthusiasts and within a 2 ½ hour drive you can be in Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego or the local Ski Resorts.
Must be BC. California licensed, or in process, is highly preferred. Please submit CV for immediate consideration.
Apply to this job on HospitalRecruiting.com | View all Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation jobs in California
• Post ID: 147823542 palmsprings